Recently an article appeared on my Facebook feed called “11 Powerful Questions That Can Help You Transform Your Life.” Since transformation almost always requires stopping one thing and starting another, I decided to see if any of these questions dealt with quitting.
Here are the questions the author included:
1. What am I holding on to that no longer feels good?
2. What have I been avoiding out of fear?
3. What dream have I ignored, but it keeps coming back to me?
4. What in my life am I forcing?
5. What skills or talents am I not using?
6. What am I afraid of?
7. What concerns am I willing to release?
8. What am I committed to changing?
9. What can I remove from my life?
10. What brings me incredible joy?
11. When do I feel like my best self?
The original full article can be found HERE
If you have taken a look at my Quitting by Design series, some of these may sound very familiar:
#1 is essentially the intuition check from “Should I quit something?” and “What should I quit.”
#2 May refer to the fear of quitting something and starting something new.
#4 is another intuition check. #6 is another fear assessment.
#8 is essential to the entire quitting/transforming process.
But #9 is probably the most direct – it’s asking what can you remove from your life – or phrased another way – what can you QUIT?
So in case you still hear a little voice telling you quitting is a negative thing that winners never do, I urge you to take a look at this article and see how quitting is a crucial part of any transformation.